Leave reviews and points.
And help us provide complete and truthful product information
Please note that the seller of this item requires an advance payment through the payment systems of the site, in order to place an order for this product.
Widely used medication to treat various infections caused by parasites, including strongyloidiasis (a roundworm infection) and control onchocerciasis (a worm infection that affects skin and eyes).
STROMECTOL® (Ivermectin) is a semisynthetic, anthelmintic agent for oral administration. Ivermectin is derived from the avermectins, a class of highly active broad-spectrum, anti-parasitic agents isolated from the fermentation products of Streptomyces avermitilis. Ivermectin is a mixture containing at least 90% 5-O-demethyl-22,23-dihydroavermectin A1a and less than 10% 5-O-demethyl-25-de(1-methylpropyl)-22,23-dihydro-25-(1-methylethyl)avermectin A1a, generally referred to as 22,23-dihydroavermectin B1a and B1b, or H2B1a and H2B1b, respectively. The respective empirical formulas are C48H74O14 and C47H72O14, with molecular weights of 875.10 and 861.07, respectively.
Other parasitic drugs used in Korea, who are known to take a round once a year, every year are...
1. Mebendazole (Vermox), (for most nematode infections), roundworms, hookworms, pinworms, Mild side effects, such as nausea, vomiting, and diarrhea
2. Albendazole (Zentel), roundworms, tapeworms, flukes, giardia, Mild side effects, such as nausea, vomiting, and diarrhea
3. Pyrantel pamoate (for most nematode infections), (Combantrin), roundworms, Mild side effects, such as abdominal cramps and diarrhea
4. Niclosamide (Niclocide)
5. Triclabendazole (Fasinex), (for roundworm infections)
6. Diethylcarbamazine (for treatment of Lymphatic filariasis)
7. Ivermectin (for prevention of river blindness)
Albendazole: For the treatment of roundworms, hookworms, and whipworms, the usual dosage is 400 mg once daily for 3 days. For the treatment of onchocerciasis, the usual dosage is 200 mg once daily for 18 to 24 weeks.
Mebendazole: For the treatment of pinworms, the usual dosage is 100 mg once daily for 3 days. For the treatment of roundworms, hookworms, and whipworms, the usual dosage is 100 mg twice daily for 3 days.
Pyrantel pamoate: For the treatment of roundworms, the usual dosage is 11 mg/kg once daily for 3 days.
Ivermectin: For the treatment of onchocerciasis, the usual dosage is 150 micrograms/kg once annually. For the treatment of scabies, the usual dosage is 200 micrograms/kg once as a single dose.